Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Adjusting to life with 2...

Things have been going great around the Dlabaj household, but boy have things changed! My sister always told me, "One is like one...two is like ten"!! Was she ever right! James and I are learning how to manage the 2 boys! Thank goodness there are 2 of us. When I have been with both of the boys by myself, I have struggled to try and keep both happy. I am thankful that Owen is so laid back and pretty self sufficient because it seems like the minute I start to do something for Owen (change his diaper, make lunch, etc) Eli needs me! Woo...it is exhausting, but I am loving every minute of it! It is amazing to me just how different my 2 boys are. I thought when I was pregnant with Eli that surely he won't be that different from Owen, oh but I was wrong! Owen was such an easy baby...we were very spoiled!! He pretty much slept and ate as an infant. He was NOT a fussy baby at all. He slept through the night at 6 weeks. Eli sleeps well at night as well. He gets up one time, usually sometime between 4-5am. I am very grateful that both my children were good sleepers! But...Eli is not as laid back as Owen. When he wants something, he wants it NOW!! He goes from completely content to screaming his head off in 1 second!! His entire body turns red and he breaks out in a sweat because he is so mad! He has a serious temper, much like both of his grandfathers!!:) Another funny thing about Eli is he is a serious PIG!! I often worry that I am over feeding him. He is eating like 30-35oz a day already. That is crazy to me. I try to hold out giving him, but he starts screaming, sucking his hand, shaking his head and it is obvious he is hungry. He is completely happy as soon as I give him a bottle. I have come to the conclusion he is just a pig!! We go to the doctor next week, and I am going to discuss this with him!!
As for me, I am feeling good. This recovery has gone much more smoothly then after I had Owen. The only issue I had this time around, was I broke out in hives due to some kind of allergic reaction to some medicine I was given in the hospital. At least, that is what the allergist thinks. He thinks I was allergic to the penicillin. I don't know. The hives have finally gone away after taking steroids. I still get kind of itchy at times, but I am not sure if it is in my head, or if they are coming back. We shall see. Something else on my mind these days, is getting my body back. I thought after 1 child was bad enough, but things are way different this time. I am considering doing a boot camp or something. I am terrible at motivating myself to work out, so I figure if I have someone yelling and screaming at me I will actually do it. And, if I am going to dish out the money for it, I HAVE to go. I just need someone to make me do it and not let me stop just because it hurts. I am a wimp and won't push myself. I don't do anything until it hurts!! Hopefully, a boot camp will start my journey to get back (well not back, really never was) in to shape (or at least help to get rid of this stomach)!! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Justin and Shelly said...

Hey! Im doing a bootcamp in Rockwall in October if you want to join! I don't work so i can go at any time. I am really looking forward to getting back in shape!

Fit Dani said...

where dif you get thast peace onsies its precious... so perfect with some leggings we have!