Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bon Voyage!

So, I have been rushing around here like chicken with my head cut off for the past few days. We leave tomorrow for Canada and we will be gone for 27 days! Do you know how much prep work there is to get 2 adults, 1 17 month old baby, and house full of dogs ready to leave? (we are not taking the dogs by the way) It is A LOT of stinkin work to try to remember every little thing! I am exhausted now! This might be absolutely terrible, but I have been so stressed about the whole plane situation with Owen. A 17 month old is just not going to want to sit in our laps for 4 hours on a plane. So......I talked with several friends with kids and I was given the advice of BENADRYL! Well, I was hesitant and nervous about giving my child medicine he doesn't need, but I have decided to do it. Everyone told me to do a test run since on some kids it has the opposite effect. I felt even worse doing that, but I gave it a test run today and IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!!(don't worry, I won't be knocking my child out all the time...only tomorrow for the plane) Wish us luck! Hope everyone has a great 4th of July! We will miss it this year since Canadians really don't celebrate American Independence! Hopefully I can post some pics from up there to let everyone know how our trip is!!

No comments: